MetaMask and PayPal, all you need to know about buying ETH
MetaMask is the first web3 wallet to allow U.S. users to buy ETH easily with PayPal.
MetaMask’s buy crypto solution within the wallet makes purchasing Ethereum (ETH) and other currencies easy. Adding to the list of payment options, PayPal is available as a payment method for our users across the U.S. (excl. Hawaii).
MetaMask is the first web3 wallet to enable users to buy ETH using PayPal, a leader in the digital payment space. In addition to purchasing ETH directly, the integration also supports the transfer of ETH from PayPal to MetaMask, aiding in more self-custody adoption.
What is PayPal?
In addition to being one of the most popular digital payments providers, PayPal also offers cryptocurrency services on its platform. With this new integration, users will be able to use their PayPal balance, linked bank account, or debit card to add ETH to their MetaMask wallet directly.
How do I get started?
PayPal’s U.S. users can now buy ETH in a handful of clicks. You will be prompted to sign up with PayPal if you don’t currently have an account with them.
To add ETH to your MetaMask wallet with PayPal in the U.S.:
- Login into the MetaMask browser extension, mobile app, or MetaMask Portfolio. (If you haven’t downloaded MetaMask yet, start here).
- Click or tap “BUY” to get started.
- Select country (US only) and state (PayPal’s crypto services are available in 49 states; not in Hawaii).
- Choose “PayPal” as your payment method.
- Select ETH and enter the amount you want to buy (This is the only cryptocurrency currently available for purchase through PayPal on MetaMask).
- Sign in to your PayPal account.
- Select payment option of choice: PayPal balance, eligible bank, or debit card.
- Review purchase and click “Confirm”.
- Success!!! 🦊 Onto core web3 activities 🦊
It’s that simple. PayPal’s easy crypto purchasing solution allows you to enjoy your funds quickly, on the go. Ready to dive in?
Keep reading our latest stories
releases, security news, and more