How to buy crypto with Robinhood on MetaMask
The new integration allows MetaMask U.S. users to purchase crypto through Robinhood's low-cost order engine for a secure, user-friendly, and self-custodial experience.
Starting today, eligible U.S. users can buy crypto in MetaMask using Robinhood’s low-cost order engine. Existing Robinhood customers can fund their self-custody wallet through debit, bank transfer, or your existing Robinhood balance. The new integration prioritizes convenience for both MetaMask and Robinhood users, offering a simple way to fund your wallet and get started in web3.
How do I buy crypto in MetaMask using Robinhood?
To fund your wallet:
- Connect your MetaMask wallet to portfolio.metamask.io and click the “Buy” tab, or click the “Buy” button on your mobile app’s homescreen to get started
- Select your region (this is only available for U.S. users)
- Select payment method (you’ll find Robinhood after choosing ‘Debit or credit’ or ‘Instant ACH bank transfer’ options)
- Select the token and network you want to purchase on (example: ETH on Ethereum)
- Enter the amount desired in fiat (example: $100 of ETH)
- Next, you will be presented with quotes from different available providers. Select Robinhood to continue
- You'll be securely redirected to the Robinhood app to complete the purchase. Once completed, your crypto will be deposited into your MetaMask wallet. Note: Robinhood customers are not charged for transfers from their account.
A 2023 Consensys survey conducted with over 15,000 people identified that a third of respondents see the complexity of web3 technology as a major obstacle to entering the crypto ecosystem. We hope to continue addressing this through secure and self-custodial solutions like MetaMask and the buy crypto feature for easier onboarding.
Robinhood and MetaMask users can now enjoy a frictionless experience and start using their crypto right away. Enjoy!
Keep reading our latest stories
Developers, security news, and more